Intake of Anti-inflammatory Foods
Inflammation is one of the major causes of back pain. Inflammation is completely related to your food intake. If your diet consists of foods which increase inflammation, then your chances of back pain increase as well. However, there are many foods which actually reduce the inflammation and give you relief from the back pain. If you ask an eminent spine surgeon, you will come to know that if this basic cause of back pain is not controlled, inflammation will not only cause lower back pain, it will also create other problems in the body. So a healthy and nutritious diet to fight it off is extremely important.
Here is a list of anti-inflammatory foods that you can include in your daily diet to avoid back pain.
- Vegetables like carrots, beets and sweet potatoes, onion, broccoli.
- Fruits like cherries, berries, pomegranate, watermelon, and grapes.
- Herbs and Spices like oregano, basil, cinnamon, ginger, garlic, cumin, rosemary, oregano and not to forget turmeric which is good for many other problems too.
- Flax and Chia Seeds
- Cold water fish like salmon, tuna, herring, sardines, trout, black cod and mackerel which are rich sources of Omega 3.
- Herbal Teas like Green Tea, Oolong Tea and White Tea are very good for back pain.
- Olives and Olive oil have healing properties as well.
- Lean Proteins like turkey, chicken, cocoa and beans should also be a part of your diet.
- Calcium rich foods like dairy products like milk, low-fat yogurt, low-fat cottage cheese.