Because of hormone imbalance due to the onset of menopause, some breakfast foods that you use to get away with eating when you were younger, are now forcing your body to store stubborn belly fat. Do you want to know what they are? Keep reading.
1. DON’T EAT PACKAGED BREAKFAST CEREALS
The packaging claims on many breakfast cereals are that they are “High in Fiber”, contain “Added Nutrients”, are “Low in Fat” I even saw one that said “Clinically Shown to Improve Attentiveness by nearly 20%”. That’s because they are high in sugar and other added chemicals. Packaged breakfast cereals are the WORST possible food to eat for breakfast. Starting your day with processed food that is high in sugar will set you up for a blood sugar crash later in the day. This will lead you to make ANOTHER bad food choice because you feel like you’re starving and you crave something that’s sweet or a meal that’s high in refined carbohydrates.
Instead of pre-packaged breakfast cereals, try
- Homemade oatmeal
- Protein and fruit smoothies
- Eggs (made any way you like them)
- Cottage cheese or Greek yogurt with berries and nuts
- Waffles made with eggs, oatmeal, apples and cinnamon, topped with berries and Greek yogurt
2. DON’T DRINK FRUIT JUICE